Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #127 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin B. View Post
Sunny Afternoon is one of all time favorite songs. Only Ray Davies could write such a brilliant satrical song about the monetary plight of the decadent British nobility. The Kinks were always the most class conscious of the early British invasion groups.
Thanks for stopping by Gavin.
Oh yes, such a smart song. Ray Davies- what genius song writer. Very satrical indeed. You put the song so perfectly in that line I have bolded. I wish I could put things into words as well as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
It seems very easy to say but The Kinks are by far my favourite 60's U.K band. Lyrically they were perfect and their music balanced melancholia and whimsical ideals perfectly. I cannot say a bad word about The Kinks. As influential as The Beatles? Probably not. Better than The Beatles in terms of a microsom of 60's Britain? Hell yeah.
I can't agree with you more, Jackhammer. All factors of the song- The story line, Davies' vocals, the music- all mesh so perfectly together.

Hell, Ray Davies has more personality and attitude in his pinky finger than all of the Beatles combined.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote