Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #160 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
I forgot to reply to that.

Well the problem is, that sometimes the I.P address somehow changes and shows that I'm in Leb, so I get these errors that I have "Wrong I.P adress" or something.
It usually is annoying when I restart my computer and get all the sites in Dutch, so I have to guess how I can change the language back.
How are you normally viewing your IP info?
Assuming you're not already doing it directly from your gateway device (router), try the following:

If you're using DSL, try logging into your router to see what your WAN IP address is. The WAN IP is the one your Internet Service Provider leases to you for a certain amount of time, and is the IP address you and the other computers behind your router will use to communicate over the internet. If that IP address is not the IP address you're having issues with, then you can safely assume that you're using a dynamic proxy service outside your ISP, in which case you just need to disable proxy wherever you have it enabled.

To log into your router, simply go to the command prompt and type IPCONFIG and enter. Your gateway address is the address of the inside network interface of your router. That will be the address you put in the URL bar of your browser. Entering that IP should bring you to the software interface of your router.

Ya know something, I just remembered that when I was in Iraq, there was a civilian satellite internet thing set up and there was a bunch of access points set up for wireless. Well, the ISP providing the service was based out of Germany, so our IPs were obviously german registered. Every time I'd go to certain sites, the default language would be in German. I never could get around that except by using a U.S. Proxy server, but your transfer speeds can be lower that way.

Anyway, if you find out that you're not using any kind of proxy service and the IP your ISP gives you is the only one you're communicating with, then your IP should always be registered with your ISP's region. If this is the case, and you're getting odd IP addresses, your ISP is doing something fishy and it's something you need to contact them about.

Which ISP are you using, btw?
AKA.. what company is providing your internet service.
And is it DSL, Cable, or Dialup?