Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas lists!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I don't get Christmas presents because my immediate family is cheap and I'm the only one with money. So I usually have to buy them all the presents, and buy my own.
This year, however, I won't buy my own because I'm trying to save money, and I'm already getting lists from my family, so I don't think I could cover my end anyway.

So far, I'm supposed to buy my mom all sorts of cooking stuff, my dad wants Acetylene and a new torch, My two little sisters never straight up ask me, but they always end up getting something pretty awesome from me... I just don't know if I can handle it this year.

Last year I bought both my sisters brand new laptops, and the parents got all kinds of stuff.
They pooled together and bought me a wallet.
The year prior, I put a system in one sister's car and got a home theater setup for the other sister.
I liked giving those gifts, but I just hope they don't get upset that this year won't be like that. Between college, transitioning to a new place and getting new furniture, bills, and trying to save, I just don't see myself being a very impressive santa this year.

So this year,
I just hope to get some appreciation even though I won't be able to come through like I have in the past.

I'm crossing my fingers for that.