Music Banter - View Single Post - Люди Осени
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
queenej
Groupie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I agree that their music is very appealing. If only I spoke Russian (?) so I could know what they are saying! I listened to all 5 songs that they have on their webpage. The 3rd and 4th songs are my favorites. Song 3 is moody, with a lovely incorporation of stringed instruments...I think cello and violin. I enjoyed its use of the scratchy, eerie sound violins can make (and classical violinists like myself usually try to avoid). It was refreshing to hear this sound used for good effect. This song also includes the male lead singer's extremely low, low voice...perhaps the lowest male voice I've heard in a long time. Sadly, no English translations appeared available. Can anyone here translate?

Song 4 begins and ends with the sound of waves. After the peaceful introduction, the song transitions to a lively, heavy beat that sounded very "Russian" to me. The song made good use of string instruments' ability to slide from note to note, and I especially liked the grungy electric guitar entrance near the end. A very contemplative piece.
Interesting. I am listening to (was) Lyudee ocyenee (the first one). It's Interesting. I'm learning Russian and i have taken rather interesting interest in it. I love Russian stuff!
queenej is offline   Reply With Quote