Music Banter - View Single Post - Probably the youngest person on this site...
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rickenbacker
/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
... Twelve years old, I grow up in a family where none of my relatives, even distant ones, don't play an instrument. All four of my grandparents played piano, and I think they all tought it (I know my grandmother on my mother's side did). In my more close family, my brother is a purcussionist who plays everything (I've seen him preform with symphonies, rock bands, jazz groups, you name it), an opera singing sister, and a dad that plays bassoon in an amatuer symphonic band. In family tradition, I picked up guitar a year and a half ago, and I'm not bad at it. I can pretty safely play most rhythm and some lead to rock music.

I formed a band where I am the only person who can do anything execpt for maybe our singer (Bullet, you need to stop doing things just to boost your ego), and we are currently trying to cover Billie Jean in tribute to Michael Jackson (we've been working on it since August).

in my non-music life:

I live in northern California, here everyone either seems to love me or hate me with a reasonable amount of people who think I'm insane. People who have known me forever say I'm a nice, though misunderstood guy, this I hope. There's really no "I don't really mind this guy". I'm a generally zany guy with a "bad" self that can easily get triggered, and though I can usually understand what's going on better than most people, I get frustrated easily.

Currently learning: The solo to Velvet Revolver's "You Got No Right"
I didn't believe that you were twelve for one second until I saw this part. Ugh. Velvet Revolver.

Anyways, I think you should stay. There's a wealth of good musical knowledge here that I know I benefited from and I'm sure you can too.
Rickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote