Music Banter - View Single Post - Goa Trance/Psytrance
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

This is something I'm interested in too and don't have much of. Infected Mushroom is fantastic, and were my introduction to the genre. I've never heard Astral Projection, but I will certainly check them out.

As for good artists... I'd say Shpongle is definitely a great place to start. They've got some very very trippy cool stuff. Check out Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost first, I think it's their best and a great introduction to what they're about. The whole album flows together like one big song moving through different parts, so it sounds a lot different at certain parts. This video is pretty bad quality so you can't hear everything like you should be able to.

Carbon Based Lifeforms is another of my favorites (though again, I'm by no means an expert). They're more ambient than the bands you mentioned and Shpongle, but still got a good trippy vibe going. Recommend starting with Hydroponic Garden if you want to check them out.

Hallucinogen's Twisted is amazing as well. It's a lot older but hasn't aged a bit. LSD is easily one of my top electronica tracks ever. I think the album is one of the best selling psytrance albums, and you'll see why if you check it out.

That said, like you I've barely scratched the surface of this genre, but I really do like the music and intend to get more of this stuff. Also, I'm assuming you're not a big fan of super specific genres, but I think more into psybient from what I've read on wikipedia, like psytrance/ambient music that is more blatantly psychedelic (like Shpongle). Hope you enjoy! If you need anything, just ask.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote