Music Banter - View Single Post - Sublimes new front man.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macneil1 View Post
Brad is irreplaceable! I was very sceptical as Sublime are one of my favourite bands of all time but, I do rate Rome, I really like his voice. Im still unsure whether they should carry Sublime on with him though. But I think Eric, Bud and Rome could have a really good sounding band making their own music with their own sound.

I guess its the same as AC/DC. They carried on with Brian Johnson because they saw him fit as a replacement for Bon Scott.
Yes, and we all know what happened after that. It was a different time, though. And it happened pretty much directly following Bon's death.

But with the Sublime thing, its been over ten years since Brad died or Sublime released an album. And since then, Sublime's music has still carried on, and is probably more popular than it ever was when he was alive.

The cult of Sublime will more than likely not accept anything other than what they know and love as Sublime. A different voice. A different feel. A different band. Not Sublime, though. Because their music was so groove and feel oriented that anything else will just sound like a cover band.