Music Banter - View Single Post - Zarko & Bulldog's Trans-Hemispheric Review of the 2000's
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
10 Albums That Defined My Decade

Something else to keep the thread on the run here. True, the way I'll be doing these at least, this section will consist of reviews just as usual, but whereas there are plenty of good albums I can say this decade's spawned without the mainstream audience of music listeners' noticing, only a handful of them I could say have been truly influential on my taste in music.

So, what we should have by the end of the day are 10 albums which opened up whole worlds of music to me and basically helped to shape my taste as it now is, however brilliant or not-so-brilliant they may be in hindsight. Basically, this part of the thread will not only give me an opportunity to show you folks a few landmark albums with me, but it'll also give me the chance to go over some of the less obscure parts of my music library with a fine tooth comb. All 10 of these will be from this decade too.

So then, the first one will be up later this evening. Stay tuned!
Looking forward to your list mate. Unfortunately, when looking at the albums that have most influenced me from the decade, I realised I had already reviewed a fair % of them in my journal I will list them here still, just for the sake of it (No particular order).
Truart - Volkssturm
Mushroom's Patience - Roma,Wien.
Techno Animal - The Brotherhood of the Bomb
Contemporary Noise Quintet - Pig Inside The Gentleman
Onra - Chinoiseries
Stendeck - Faces
Kashiwa Daisuke - Program Music I

SO, rather than, I will be attempting to answer a rag-tag list of questions based on this decades albums. Not necessarily the best, but the best combination of the question and my own tastes. I sort of have a list atm, but would like some input by others if anyone has a suggestion. So far...

Most plain fun/Guilty pleasure?
Most explorative
Best soundtrack
Best debut?
Most chilled
Most aggressive?
Most oddball
Best genre?
Most influential?
Best album from a genre whose music I don't listen to from previous decades?

? = I am iffy on them as questions

So yeah, any suggestions welcome.

Last edited by Zarko; 11-29-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote