Music Banter - View Single Post - The Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #409 (permalink)
streetwaves
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
^I've just seen your self-portrait with, I'm guessing, your Hasselblad 500 C/M. What an impressive machine. Do you also develop the photos in the lab, cause I'm guessing with a 70 mm film, that can be an experience of its own.

Btw, about the photos above, that first one should be seen in a much bigger size, to appreciate the details that, from the little I see, are surely great. Plus loved that last one, truly hypnotizing.

Edit: I wonder if you also have some tilt and shift lenses.
Thank you! Actually, the self-portrait was shot on a Yashica D about a year ago. It was a $70 camera that I bought when I first got into film. Served me well! As for the photos I just posted, #1, #2, and #4 were also on the Yashica, and the third was on the Hasselblad. I just haven't gotten to take as many with it yet.

I have the film developed at a lab near my work. It's a pain to do yourself so I don't bother myself with it, but I did do some in class.

Here's a little bit larger version of the first one.

No lenses like that, actually. At the moment I only have the 500C/M and an 80mm lens (normal focal length for medium format) and a DSLR with a 55mm and a 35mm.