Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #383 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post

Religion is deeply personal and I think every christian out there defines it for themselves. There's an X number of churches out there who do things differently and most religious people would accept that the bible is inconsistent with reality so you have to pick and choose what you want to believe in. They believe in different things and some accept science while others refute it.

If every scientist out there could just define for themselves what the different scientific theories really mean, then science wouldn't really work.
A person who is a Christian has no obstacles in accepting Cosmology, or even Evolution, whether or not the lattter is just a nice hypthesis is another matter, and the choice is up to the individual. The purpose of the Hexaemeron isn't to be a scientific thesis claiming God created everything in six days. I think what happens is non-Christian (maybe atheist) see small sects of Protestant Fundamentalist who are Biblical literalist and think "wow every Christian in the world believes the World was made in six days, 6000 years ago." But that isn't the case; that is just a misconception of Christianity.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote