Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

^ troof

My tastes at the moment are pretty well defined, though I'm always trying something new.

Unlike some here, I was into mainstream rock, metal along the lines of Queensryche and classical music starting off. Early in high school though, I got into progressive rock and jazz related music, with Pink Floyd and Yes hooking me into the old stuff from the genre while groups like Frost* and The Tangent and Mars Volta kept me interested in the here and now. My mom's interest in groups like Chicago and The Beach Boys also made me want to explore more pop and jazz-rock, so those genres followed suit.

However, over the last two years I've really begun to branch out. Although I still love jazz and proggy stuff to death, I'm finding that industrial, folk, electronic and soul are the genres I've been gravitating to most in terms of pure interest, and to a lesser extent dub, hip-hop, post-rock and death/black metal.

Although I don't consider myself having bland taste in music, I feel that there's always room for me to expand my tastes, which is why I'm glad I joined MusicBanter last year. You guys are awesome! ^^

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote