Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
IWP
A S T H E T I C

I pretty much got into music when I was 12, and I listeneds to basically pop punk, and post-grunge/alternative bands like Fuel, Creed, Coldplay, Chevelle, etc. which makes me cringe now. I also had a very brief hip hop faze, even though I really only used to listen to Eminem and Snoop Dogg. My tastes changed slightly at 15 when I started getting into pseudo-emo and metalcore bands like Hawthorne Heights, Taking Back Sunday, Story of the Year, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, and Atreyu just to name a few.

My tastes really changed a year later, when I got into heavy metal, and paticulary thrash and power metal. This was also when I completely lost interest in just about anything I listened to before other than some metalcore. Then about a year later, I started getting into glam metal as well as some 70s-80s rock/hard rock. Then when I was 18, I started really getting into 80s new wave and synthpop which to an extent would lead to my current interest in electronic dance music.

Recently, I've been hardcore into house and trance music along with some cheesy eurodance, and some drum & bass like Dieselboy, though I still listen to alot of rock and hard rock (though mainly from the 70s and 80s) and metal, along with 80s pop. I'm even starting to get back into some of the pop punk and metalcore bands I used to listen to a while ago along with some I would've never listened to in my metalhead days.