Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I feel I'm learning a lot of interesting things about people. Thanks to all so far who took the time to write good answers.

To add a little more to my own story, there were some phases I went through that I didn't mention because not much from them have stayed with me. The most embarassing phase was my punk period. It was luckily quite short .. I listened to punk bands like suicidal tendencies, Blink 182 and NOFX, ugh Not extensively, but I mean it was part of my playlists. I'm ashamed cause I absolutely hate that ****e.

I also used to make a lot of music on the computer so I had an electronica phase in my late teens where I got a lot of inspiration from artists like The Future Sound of London, Prodigy, Aphex Twin, cEvin Key, Front 242, :Wumpscut:, Kraftwerk and so on.

Then I had a short goth rock/metal period (I was never a goth, but) where I listened to more The Cure, Moonspell, Love & Rockets .. I don't listen to much of this anymore, but hey - The Cure has some great songs and I put on a little Sisters now and then.

From my pre-puberty childhood, I listened to some U2, Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd, Toy Dolls, REM - you know, stuff my older siblings had basically. Some of it has stayed with me, most notably Pink Floyd.

Now you know more about me than you can probably remember.