Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

This is a really cool idea! Mainly because although we get an indication of each other's music tastes through other threads/posts/discussions, it's a lot different to hear someone describe their taste so outwardly.

Anyway, when I first joined this site I had a pretty poor and narrow taste in music. I only listened to a small circle of my 'favourite' bands such as Tool, Porcupine Tree, Karnivool, and other proggy-kind of bands. I was also really cynical when it came to listening to new music and set really high standards with any new artist I listened to, especially with any artist outside of the genre I was comfortable.

Now however, I have much more interest in indie/alternative music. I think as well as Musicbanter, my band has also shaped this attitude because the kind-of music we play would be categorised as indie/alternative/softer kind of rock than what I was used to listening to. Being in a band and finding our 'sound' has pretty much completely turned my music taste around. I am loving indie, alternative, post-rock, avant garde/experimental, pop, even electronic music much more than the closed off little genres I used to confine myself to.

Anyway, all in all I think my musical tastes are ever-changing and difficult to put a finger on. But in recent times I have opened up my mind and am pretty much open to give anything a try