Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst voice in rock music?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
I don't mind Jack White's style so much. It can be wicked abrasive, and in parts, just annoying, but I think his voice on Consolers of the Lonely by the Raconteurs was really good.

Jello Biafra's voice used to really get under my skin, but somehow it grew on me.

Isaac Brock's (Modest Mouse) style annoys the fuck out of me.

And as much as I love his work, Les Claypool should have really let somebody else sing when he covered Pink Floyd's Animals with his Fearless Flying Frog Brigade. He's not much of a singer, but he does have a distinctive voice that just seems to fit most of his work. But he kind of butchered the high parts in "Pigs (Three Different Ones)".
Psh, you only mentioned Isaac Brock to get under my skin, didn't ya?! =P I second your bit on Mr. Claypool and Biafra.

I can't really think of a vocalist that gets on my nerves at the moment. Isis' vocals used to ruin their albums for me. It wasn't until Wavering Radiant that I started to appreciate it. OH, and fuckin' James LaBrie just needs to stop. I can't stand his voice. In my opinion, he ruins the whole band.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote