Music Banter - View Single Post - YOUR top 10 HARDCORE/EMO bands
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #136 (permalink)
somethingisrunningonempty
Groupie

Default Top Ten

Hey everyone, i don't have a top ten, let alone a top ten emo list, so here goes....

Smashing Pumpkins and the Hip are my total favs. After that comes (in no order):
The Beatles, Donovan Leitch, Portishead, The Police, Zep, Floyd, The Arcade Fire, At the Drive-In, Broken Social Scene, Modest Mouse (without any argument!), Thursday, The Dandy Warhols, Flashlight Brown (Older stuff), Foo Fighters, Form Of Rocket, FFTL, Underoath, Stutterfly, definitely The Futureheads, Hot Hot Heat, Gorillaz, I can't say Green Day anymore (they're finished), Hamill On Trial, Interpol, Metric, Hayden, The Helio Sequence, Motion City Soundtrack, Illscarlett, Iron and Wine, David Byrne, Del the Funky Homosapien and Pep Love (The only two good rappers ever), Joe ****er, Joel Plaskett, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton (his extensive works), The Red Hots (no questions asked), John Frusciante, Dallas Green, Alexisonfire, John C. Mellencamp, Journey, most definitely Kings Of Leon!!!, The Kinks, Le Tigre, April March, Lighthouse (not to be mistaken with Lifehouse), Louis Armstrong, Louis XIV, Low Millions, MacKeel, Mando Diao, Mars Volta (But not as much as ATDI), Sparta, The Matches, Meatloaf, Melee, most definitely Brand New, Bright Eyes for sure, Misfits, Moby, Moist, Mongo Jerry, The Moody Blues, Murder By Death, Natalie Merchant, Norah Jones, definitely QOTSA, Neil Diamond, I can't believe I almost forgot the Shins, Nerf Herder, Neutral Milk Hotel, NIN, NQ Arbuckle, Beck, old Offspring (Ixnay is prime), old OLP, The Beta Band, Peter Gabriel, Phish, Pilate, The Pixies (DON"T SAY "WHERE IS MY MIND?"!!!), Placebo, I can't believe I almost forgot The Postal Service and Death Cab, Prodigy, The Chem Bros, Queen, Radiohead, RATM, Raised Fist, Rise Against, old old old AFI, The Ramones, Rufio, Rush, Saga, Sam Roberts, Satanic Surfers, Sage Francis (another good rapper I forgot), The Secret Machines, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Six Inches Shy of Hung, Sleeper Set Sail, Bob Dylan, one of Bob Marley's, Snow Patrol, The Special Goodness, Steve Miller, Steve Perry, Steve Vai, Steve Nicks and/or Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Streets for sure (another rapper), The Strokes (with ease!), Strung Out, The Suicide Machines, Supertramp, T-Rex, TBS, Tears For Fears, The Teddybears, Ten Years After, Three Dog Night, Thrice, The Thrills, Tina Turner, Sarah McLaughlin (only old stuff though), Elliott Smith, Dashboard, U2 (not the new album!!!), Van Morrison, The Vandels, Vangelis, The Velvet Underground, The Walkmen, Bruce Springsteen with ease, The Wallflowers, Northern Pikes, The Weakerthans, Weezer, The White Stripes, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are many more, be sure of that. Sorry for the longer list, I couldn't name just ten.
Somethingisrunningonempty