Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Queen Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #208 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I've just listened to Tear It Up, which really just seems to epitomise the overblown stadium rock sound that i cant get away with. Not in general, just the way Queen do it.

Flick of the Wrist which kind of sums up my opinion of my Brian May. Brian May is technically very talented, can't take that away from him but some of the guitar work going on in this song just isn't going anywhere and it's being drowned out by the rest of the band and the vocals...im struggling to see why it's there or what it's achieving. I just don't feel it.

White Queen which isnt so bad i guess but still Mercury's voice is going right through me. This song, like a lot of Queen material, makes me feel like it would be better suited to an opera than a rock band. Some of those harmonies make me cringe.

Stone Cold Crazy i had heard before but just listened to it again and i'll give you this one. Theres still a moment or two where the vocals annoy me but in general i do like this song. Great riffing, uptempo, packs a punch and oddly seems to suit Queen.

The March of the Black Queen is a weird one. I can see why some Queen fans would consider this among their best but again i think the reasons i gave above should tell the story as to why im not feeling it. Very complex, it's like the band are on a completely different wavelength to mercury and yet put it altogether and it works but im not feeling this either.

Yeah, i just don't think Queen are ever gonna be my bag, are they?

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote