Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #458 (permalink)
simplephysics
you know what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
This issue of bandwidth reminds me of a question I've had: when, if ever, does MusicBanter delete old posts? For example, do dead, closed threads eventually get deleted to make more cyber space for new and scintillating posts such as mine? Much as I like to read through The Unfan's old posts, why don't deleted members' posts disappear automatically, too, although doing so would disrupt the flow of conversations if anyone looks back through time via MB like I do? After 20 more years, there will be quite a mountain of posts if few get deleted.
There are two options a mod has when they choose to delete a thread. There a soft delete, which removes the thread for everyone except the mods, who can still control the thread, e.i. read, undelete.. etc. And then there's the hard delete, which removes the thread completely from the forums. (as far as I know) There's been a few attempts made at cleaning up the forums, so don't worry, we have plenty of space. Deciding between the two just depends on the mod and the thread/content in question. Same goes for deleting posts made by a user that's been banned. We won't delete a post unless we have to.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's also the Graveyard.
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote