Music Banter - View Single Post - Sweet little survey
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tipsy101
Groupie

1. What age group do you fall into? (18- 25) (25- 30) (30- 40) (40- 45) (45- 55) (55- 65)

2. What is your gender? M or F

3. What genres of music do you listen to? Rock, Indie, Metal, Alternative, Dubstep, Dance... mostly those 6.

4. How often do you listen to music? (Very Little) (Sometimes) (Most of the time) (All the time)

5. Where do you listen to music (Ex. School, Work, Car, etc.)? Usually all the time at home, in the car, and sometimes when I'm walking to places.

6. Why do you listen to music? Hmm tricky question. The simple answer would be because I love it. It makes me happy. Brings back good (as well as sad) memories. Stops me from feeling so lonely when I'm on my own. When i fancy a good singalong.

7. Do you purchase music? Yes, if I know I really like it.

8. How do you prefer to listen to music (Ex. Mp3 player, Stereo, Car, etc.)? Use my huge ipod speakers. Also use laptop, ipod, cd player and car.

9. Where do you go to buy your music?
amazon, hmv, play.com

10. How much do you spend monthly on average on Music?
Not a lot. Depends really. I'd say £10-£20. Some months I don't spend any money on music.

11. Do you prefer to buy just songs or full albums?
Prefer to buy albums but I will just buy songs if I don't like/want the whole album.

12. Do you download music?
Yes.

13. How do you download music?
Amazon, Megaupload, Myspace, from Youtube and errmm probably some other webistes

14. Do you pirate music (if no skip to question18)?
Yes

15. Why do you pirate music?
Because it's free. I don't so much anymore and try not to. But I would end up spending a fortune on music otherwise..

16. How many songs do you think you have pirated?
Lets just say a lot.

17. Do you feel guilty about pirating music?
Yes. But if I really like the music and can't afford it then it overrides the guilty feeling.

18. Do you know the affect that piracy has on the music industry?
Yes.

19. Are you up to date on piracy laws?
Not really.

20. Do you think pirating affects artists in a major way?
Yes.

21. Are there any positive sides to pirating?
Not really, except people being able to enjoy their music I suppose?

22. What are the negatives to pirating?
Number one: it's illegal. Number two: There are too many more negatives to list..

23. Does pirating in your opinion affect the cost of purchasing music?
I have no idea. But... I suppose... it could.

24. Do you think that it is fair to pirate when people purchase music?
Not really.

25. Do your Parents, Grandparents, or Guardians pirate?
No
Tipsy101 is offline   Reply With Quote