Music Banter - View Single Post - Around the World In 80 Posts
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Default Around the World In 80 Posts

Around the World In 80 Posts

Well, it may or may not turn out to be that long. Anyway, apart from showing off my image-posting skills, what's the point of this thread?

There are a few sides to this really. Firstly, this last few weeks I haven't really been feeling as good about getting new music as I should be, so it occurred to me that there isn't really a much more exciting and reinvigorating way of hunting for new music than looking for it in areas you're totally unfamiliar with. In this case, for me, this is the big wide world that exists outside of the Anglosphere.

Secondly, there's plenty of music that ranges from truly fantastic to noteworthy which wasn't spawned in the UK, Ireland, US, Australia, New Zealand or Canada, as this thread should end up proving.

Thirdly, I need something to do when I don't really feel like contributing anywhere else on the boards, and as a kinda side-project from mine and Zarko's thread here.

And fourthly, this is more or less guaranteed to keep me busy around here for a while, which is always a good thing.

Because of the fact that a lot of these albums are gonna be pretty obscure and, therefore, I don't exactly know a lot about them, all these reviews will be quite short - in the sort of one or two paragraphs area. There'll be two of these per every post I make here, those being a fairly brief little look at each album. Most of these'll be from the pre-2000s, just so reviews don't conflict with mine and Zarko's thread that's already in this forum. Needless to say, if anyone here has any such albums they'd like to share with the MB populus, feel free to share them here as well. As I say, reviews don't have to be anything spectacular.

I'm out tonight, and I'll probably be too busy working on various uni-related crap tomorrow, so the first few reviews'll probably go up at the weekend. Just thought I'd get this out in the open here and now.

So, yeah, stay tuned!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote