Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #2597 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post

Call me a nerd if you like, but Samurai Champloo is probably the best thing I've ever watched. Movie, T.V. show, anything, it's the best. Years ago after I watched the first episode of the show on Adult Swim, I knew I had to have the soundtrack. So I went out and downloaded it immediately. The sounds were just so... laid back, it just blew me away. I was just really getting into smoking at that time, and this stuck with me. I must have listened to it hundreds of times. But for some reason, I didn't actually follow up and get more into the downtempo genre untill I got Smoker's Delight and Thievery Corporation about a year later, and not until shortly before joining MB when I had a sudden surge in my interest in music did I actually really start getting into the genre. Since then it's introduced me to some great stuff, particularly:
You have any other Fat Jon The Ample Soul Physician albums? I think he did some of the music for Champloo, so his other albums bight be worth a download (Afterthought, Wave Motion, Lightweight Heavy)
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote