Music Banter - View Single Post - "A Festivus for the rest of us." (Song contest)
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Default "A Festivus for the rest of us." (Song contest)

This thread idea was born in the shoutbox this evening and it appears i have been nominated to make it. As i have no musical ability at all (unless you count a mean spoon solo!) then don't blame me if no one contributes and it all goes to hell

Festivus, for those who don't know is a holiday celebrated as an alternative to Christmas and was popularised in an episode of Seinfeld. In place of the usual joyous sentiment surrounding Christmas, Festivus focuses more on the airing of grievances and letting your loved ones know all the ways in which they have disappointed you and let you down over the last 12 months of the calendar year. It was used as a story line but was actually invented and celebrated by the father of a writer on the show. It is now actively practiced by many, i can only assume delusional, people all over the world.

Anyway, after some google searching this evening an actual festivus song has been uncovered and the point of this thread is to see if we can get some of our more talented members to record and post their own take on it in a special Festivus MB song contest. Conan and Lateralus have put their names forward already and theres no turning back now. We want to see results!

This is the song and also below is a brief Festivus history.

Again, blame the members i mentioned above if this idea goes to hell and mods, if this is better suited to the songwriting board or something then please move it. I wasn't sure where to put it.

GO!

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust

Last edited by Mojo; 12-02-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote