Music Banter - View Single Post - Sweet little survey
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
captaincaptain
I Am Become Death Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post

24. Do you think that it is fair to pirate when people purchase music?
I don't think it's really fair, to be honest, but I don't get upset at people who only download. I've personally spent thousands and thousands (and thousands!!!) of dollars on music since my teen years, and kids these days are grabbing everything for free. I think it's fine to sample before you buy and think artists/labels should provide a way for consumers to do so prior to purchasing, so everyone doesn't just run to download it (because as I said before, once somebody has the digital file there is very little incentive for them to go purchase it unless they're after the physical product). So while I believe we should be able to preview, better methods of doing so should be put into place. Previewing any CD of choice at the record store, going to the artist's website and streaming, etc. Anything to reduce the download of actual mp3 files without purchase.
Sane voice in the crowd. How would these kids like it if I took the Big Mac they worked so hard on for free? For the most part downloading mass quantity of music for nothing is a slap in the face to the artist the made it. Unfortunately technology allows people to do and almost always get off scot free. If the RIAA ever takes you to court be prepared to lose big time.

captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote