Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #55 (permalink)
Meph1986
How High?

My introduction to music started with frequently listening to the oldies station (primarily 60s pop) with my mother.

When I was about 10 I fell in love with hip hop, due, mostly, to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. E. 1999 Eternal was the first album I ever owned.

From then until about 2003 I listened to hip hop almost always with a few rock acts here and there (e.g. Limp Bizkit during the late 90s and the White Stripes during the early 00s ). It was around 2003 when I joined Allhiphop's Ill Community forum. Within a year after joining, I was introduced to several underground hip hop acts and began to turn my back on the mainstream, becoming a full fledged backpacker by 2005 .

Additionally, it was during 2005 where I began venturing into classic rock and territory, listening to will know acts such as Zeppelin, Hendrix, Stones, The Who, etc. I also began listening to several popular 80s metal bands such as Metallica, Priest, and Maiden .

It was around 2007 when I began delving into many different genres of music. Later, wanting to find a forum similar to that as the aforementioned, I simply googled 'music forum' and found this site.

As far as taste is concerned, I'll give anything a listen (except reggaeton). My favorites, however, are Hip Hop (favorite), Punk and Metal (and most of their respective sub-genres).