Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #392 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
And you give no indication at all to understand any of the arguments I've been formulating and you avoid answering my questions or criticism too, but alright. What do you think of as a "scientific fact" then? It's not a term I've used so far in any of my posts, but if that's what you want to discuss, let's hear your definition.
The reason I used "scientific fact" is because it as a statement reveals something true about nature, & the universe, it is objectively true and verifiable, something that is understood as being true even before it was discovered. So if God created the the Heavens and the Earth as the Bible says He did, why learrning facts about the universe contradict God as the creator?

"Science" to some has broaden it meaning to inlude technology and the inventions made possible form the increase of scientific knowledge. An example of "Science" (in the broad sense of the word) and Christianity that would not being compatible would be embryonic stem cell research. So that why I used scientific fact and not just plain science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
[Moses] recieves the ten commandments for example is a major thing in christianity because it's the basis for much of the morale.
GK Chesterton said "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote