Music Banter - View Single Post - Ugly Things People Do/Wear To Look Attractive
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #657 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
as an aside...
i really don't understand the whole obsession with female hygiene constituting removing every bodily hair possible.
I definitely agree with you on this one. The desire for female hairlessness is a strange obsession, though I feel I understand why people often expect or want women to have less visible body hair...even though I don't agree with that view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
As long as it doesn't look like the girl has Osama Bin Laden's head in a leg-lock, ladies can definitely still be ladies with some hair down there.
Oh! lol! Osama Bin Laden's head in a leg-lock! Ha ha! That is an imaginative metaphor. Very vivid. You startled me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well. When girls have a little pube peaking out of their panties I consider it that to be their way of saying "I'm a wild animal who cannot be tamed". And that can be sexy if you're into that kind of thing. I'm not crazy about it but I wouldn't turn a chick down just because she's a little wild downstairs.

However, when they have a giant pube trail going up to their navel, I think that's just their way of saying "this will do until I have enough money for the sex change operation cuz I want to be a dude".
Ha ha! The whole last two pages of hair commentary made me laugh till I cried! I especially like your "interior decorating theory" for exterior hair decoration, boo boo (the curtains and drapes analogy).

And what about eyelashes? For eyelashes, the "male = hairy, female = hairless" steretype breaks down. Odd, no? Example: male cartoon animal characters typically lack lashes, while even female cartoon frogs are given long fluttering ones...an impossibility that always irks me SINCE FROGS DON'T HAVE HAIR!!!!!!!!

I had a (now dead) friend in high school with whom I was discussing men's and women's skin years ago, and I said something naive like, "Oh, men's skin on their faces is rough" (having never touched any man's skin at that time). He then replied, "If men shave off their hair, their skin is just as soft as a woman's." I thought that was very profound. I certainly looked at his chin a lot more after that.

I like soft skin on anyone. Hair can be soft, too, though. I agree with you, AwwSugar: I dislike stubbly prickles because they hurt. How often does one have to shave one's head to maintain a smooth, silky gloss, boo boo? And wouldn't people get...scalp nicks? Do you have to walk around with little bits of bloody toilet paper on your head for several hours after a head shave?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote