Music Banter - View Single Post - 2Pac vs. Biggie
Thread: 2Pac vs. Biggie
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #231 (permalink)
Axiomatic Wiki
Music Addict

Quote:
Also Tupac wasn't just all talk like most rappers. He was an active member of the black panther party.
Being part of the black equivalent to the KKK is supposed to be an honorable thing?

Quote:
Yes but not nearly as much as gangster rap.
Gangster rap should not have even existed. It created the worst form of hip hop for its time, and is what lead to the **** rap that is now plaguing the mainstream. The fact that TuPac is part of this, makes me hate him even more..

Quote:
And not forgetting that he was a poet as well as a rapper.
Name one rapper who could not be considered a poet

Quote:
Plus he was a reasonably successful actor. He was an all-round better entertainer than biggy
He was famous before he got the parts in the movies, it had nothing to do with any sort of acting skill. He was much more popular than biggie, and more established,. so of course he got acting jobs when Biggie did not. We are not discussing who was the better entertainer, but who was the better hip hop artist, a title that without a doubt, should go to the better rapper, being Biggie.

Why was Biggie a better rapper? Because he represented and expounded on what hip hop is, in my opinion, really about. And that is lyricism. His rhymes were so much better, so much more flavorful, and so much more complex than Tupac's. I can not fathom why people enjoy hip hop for other reasons besides lyrical rhyme skill, which Tupac completely lacked. There is nothing melodic, and nothing complexly rhythmical, in Tupac's music. It is not only not as good as Biggie, but a hell of a lot worse than many other rappers out there. Few things have had such a horrible effect on music as the west coast had on hip hop. Completely turning a beautiful art into bull crap single syllable rhymes. Biggie did not neglect the fact that good rap needed good rhymes. He is not nearly the greatest lyricist to ever exist, but he is, at least, a lyricist, something that only a fool would consider Tupac to be.

Of course, you could not agree with me, and you probably don't, on what makes good hip hop, thus making my post irrelevant to your opinion of the rappers.

Last edited by Axiomatic Wiki; 12-04-2009 at 03:05 AM.