Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveissucide View Post
Anyone else think they really need to rethink the qualification process to stop the New Zealands and North Koreas of the world getting in ahead of better sides like Ireland and Costa Rice purely based on geographic location?As a football fan I'd rather see the genuine best teams in the world playing it out rather than any poor teams from the Far East who don't deserve to be there(eg Saudi Arabia in 2002).
I sort of agree with this but I don't ever see FIFA doing anything about it. They want it to be an international event, If they just put the 24 best teams in only people from Europe, South America & Africa will get a look in with maybe Mexico , USA & Australia sneaking in.

My biggest issue is with the qualifying groups. I think there should be pre-qualifying for nations like San Marino, Faroe Island, Andorra and places like that.
I'm bored of seeing the teams of those places just sticking 11 men in the penalty area and not attacking for the whole game whenever they play a big name side.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote