Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
and Tim Howard is reliable enough as keeper. i have no doubt they'll secure a victory against either Algeria or Slovenia, those aren't exactly the teams i'm worried about in their group.

i probably shouldn't close the book on them so quickly but considering the extent to which there is depth in the lineup consists of Onyewu, Beasley, Dempsey and Donovan, i doubt they'll make it past the second round.

still, it's gonna be fun to see a Ronaldo - Ronaldinho - Drogba matchup. i just wonder who's gonna get the call for the dive first.
I don`t think Algeria will trouble anybody and its Slovenia or USA for second spot. Slovenia surprisingly put out Russia in the play offs and Russia were probably the most exciting side along with Turkey in the last Euro Champs (Neither of these two teams are there!) Slovenia got there because the home form was very impressive something they`ll not be able to fall back on in South Africa, so I don`t think Slovenia will be complete push overs. Their shorter passing game will definately contrast with the more athletic and disciplined approach of the USA.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote