Music Banter - View Single Post - Family Guy vs. South Park
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #307 (permalink)
DiSTANToblivion
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
That's a very tired cliche, or stereotype, whaever it is... that shows can't be good if they're on that long. The worst episode of The Simpsons is still way better written than Family Guy at the least. Not that I don't like Family Guy's humor.
True, The Simpsons are better written most of the time than Family Guy. Family Guy always falls back on its random nonsensical humour. The Simpsons aren't exempt from being just as stupid though, the way they have ended some episodes is plain ridiculous. The episodes are pretty forgettable but they're two I vaguely remember...

- The one where they are all in court at the end and Otto bursts in and says: "Surfs Up Dudes!" because they couldn't come up with a conclusion to the episode
- The one where they go to Brazil or something and at the end of the episode Bart has been eaten by a snake... "Don't worry... It's Carnivale!" or something like that and they all start dancing... wtf?

To me those endings aren't even funny they are annoying, most of the new Simpsons eps to me are like this. They've forgotten what made them the best and tried to take notes from Family Guy by throwing story structure and sense out the door...
Oh well at least South Park is intelligent and well written
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote