Music Banter - View Single Post - 2Pac vs. Biggie
Thread: 2Pac vs. Biggie
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #233 (permalink)
Axiomatic Wiki
Music Addict

Quote:
Talk about exaggeration. Do you know anything about the civil rights movement or anything that came after it? let me guess malcolm x and abu hamza are the same to you or something right?
The Civil Rights movement was long before Tupac's time. In the last 30 years the most significant thing the Black Panther movement has accomplished is giving birth to the Crips and bloods, leading to the most notorious street gang war to ever grip the US.

Quote:
and biggie wasnt? at least tupac did rap about stuff that mattered. Changes, trapped, words of wisdom, brendas got a baby, keep ya head up, so many tears, dear mama, life goes on, none of biggies songs had any depth every song sounded the same. He's a cliche gangster rapper and nothing more.
Lol yeah you are right about biggie being part of it as well, I wasn't really thinking about what my argument was when I made that part of the post, just kinda went off on a rant asdadaddasd

Quote:
Every single american mainstream rapper out right now. I meant tupac was literally a poet, he released books full of poetry. He wrote poetry before he became a rapper.
I have not read any of Tupac's poetry, so I can not really comment on it, but Kanye West recently published a book full of poems and other crap, and no offense to West fans, but the fact that he wrote poetry alone, is not a marvelous thing.

Quote:
He was a reasonably good actor, have you even watched his movies? Not saying he was great but he was good. He earned his spots unlike todays rappers turned actors like dmx and 50cent
I would without a doubt say that we was more deserving of Hollywood spot lite, than 50 Cent or DMLOLX, but I am kinda an elitist when it comes to my taste in actors.

Quote:
What tupacs music had is depth, it had content that mattered. Yes he made cliche gangster music but he also made deep music, music that had meaning. I prefer Tupac as an artist because what he said mattered. Because he tried to help the world because he went to charity events and gave away his money because he reached people and let them know what was going on. Tupac was raps little own malcolm x. Biggie fits in with the usual mould of 50cent, lil wayne, jay z whatever... yes he was lyricial to a certain extent but even as a lyricist although he might have been better than pac he was still very basic. He isn't big pun, he isn't big L and he definitley isn't big daddy kane. He's biggie, overrated and cliche.

Cant really argue with that!

Quote:
But the difference in lyrical ability between tupac and biggie just isn't big enough for biggie to be the better rapper on that merit alone. If i made a list of the top 100 lyricists of all time biggie wouldn't make the cut (neither would pac). You appear to be overrating his lyricism

Aye, I agree with you on Biggie not being THAT great of a lyricist, but to me, I cant really enjoy rap at all unless it has a certain amount of word play/lyricism in it. Biggie in this regard, was at the very least competent, enough so that I could enjoy listening to him casually.

Looking at this objectively, I would say that for what they were, Tupac was much better. He was not trying to be a lyricist, where as Biggie was. They are two entirely different kinds of rappers, and are hardly comparable.

With that in mind, I am convinced of your side of this discussion, I concede, and tip my hat to you.