Music Banter - View Single Post - What are your top 5 musical influences?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
FadedMyxomatosis
Music Addict

Thats well said, AwwSugar.

Jimmy Page may not have had the cleanest player when it came to skill, but he put his all into it. Watching some of his live performances I could see that. He would sweat. Alot. He put all his effort into it. And sure, EVH may have played faster and such, but he seems to me like he never put any soul into it. He was just in it for the sex, money and fame. Page wasn't.

My parents helped too. They realized my love for music, and I'm still 13 so they still influence me. My dad the most. He bought me my Epiphone SG and my amp. I don't take lessons, I taught myself.

Also is my friend Mitchell. He's a drummer in a local band, an incredible one at that. I don't drum. But his dedication his band's music inspired me to be dedicated to making my own music.

I also realized that music is an orgasm to the ears, and how incredible it would feel to be able to make my own.

Finally all my friends who have told me to not give up and keep going. I got frustrated trying to master basic open chords when I first started on my acoustic. They told me to keep going and that even the best, Jimmy Page, BB King, David Gilmour, all of them, started at the same point I was at too.

I love you, my friends.

Last.fm

http://imagegen.last.fm/SidebarPlain...contourmac.gif
FadedMyxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote