Music Banter - View Single Post - All Abooot WiNE!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

I know my way around a box of Franzia

No, but this is what I've found... red wine is heavier and more acidic. White wine tends to be more fruit based (hints of pears, apples, stuff like that) while red has a different palate (leather, earthy, etc) but that's not universally true by any stretch.

White wine is good in its own right - Chardonnay with seafood pasta works very well - although most people prefer red. My favorite wines are Zin (Zinfandel, a heavy /rich / acidic monster, and they are great with steak so it's sort of a MAN wine) and Port (a dessert wine served in a small glass, meant for sipping, high alcohol content and great with chocolate - ohh, sexy).

I live in Northern California so if you have any wine questions I'll try to conjure what I've learned from living in Wine Country.

EDIT: Good white wines- Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio. I'm not a wine snob, not very picky at all, but I know for sure the best white wine I've tasted was a 2008 La Crema Chardonnay. It's a bit pricey ($30+ category) but well worth it.
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by pourmeanother; 12-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote