Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitar or amp purchase advice for mom
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
FadedMyxomatosis
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomama View Post
hi again!
my son was asked today to play guitar in school's advanced jazz band. he's so excited!his instructor recommended a hollow body. i think i read nice things about the ibanez art320. is it a semi-hollow body? would it work for jazz band and his personal favorite...rock? do you recommend it or something else? thanks so much for any advice.
p.s. i bought him the vox vt50 amp for xmas. happy holidays!
The Epiphone Dot is a great guitar too. Ibanez, from my experience, has never made nice guitars. I'm 13 as well, I've played for awhile too. I have the same music tastes as your son. I use an Epiphone SG.

The thing about Epiphone is that, they are a sub company of Gibson, and I know you've heard Gibson come out of your sons mouth many times before!

Buy Epiphone Dot Electric Guitar | Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend

Epiphone guitars come stock with excellent pickups. The neck pickups on that guitar will give such an excellent bluesy tone, he will be pleased. I also hear that Epiphone has much better customer support than Ibanez.

Oh, and the Dot has a pickguard, so if your son is doing some hardcore playing his pick won't scratch the body up and ruin the finish.

Well I wish you luck, I know he'll enoy any guitar except for this one.

Last.fm

http://imagegen.last.fm/SidebarPlain...contourmac.gif
FadedMyxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote