Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Trippy / Bizarre Movie?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #133 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
What a horrific small childification of a great book.
Yeah, god forbid someone make a movie DIFFERENT from the book.

Seriously, screw you and kill yourself. We're talking about two very different mediums. All the changes the movie made were perfectly adequate (Gaiman himself was behind most of these changes) and if you're expecting a goddamn word for word translation then you're completely missing the point of movies.

Anyway, people like you are the reason no filmmaker should EVER touch anybody elses work. Because it dosen't matter how f*cking good of a job you do, you can't please idiots who expect a 2 hour perfectly translated circle jerk instead of the filmmaker taking a pre-existing idea and reinventing it to suit his own vision, which anyone with a brain (aka not you) knows is what a good filmmaker does.

Movie adapations that are completely faithful to the books are rarely good, argubly never good. Because they have no reason to even exist. Movie adaptations aren't supposed to be just "the book, now with imagery". There are so many things about books that just don't translate to film at all.

And "small childification?" WHAT THE HELL?

Is this the same movie I've seen? Because it was one of the most disturbing "kids" films I've ever seen. I mean Jesus mother of f*ck.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 12-06-2009 at 11:47 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote