Music Banter - View Single Post - Jazz Funk- Some Of The Best
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
goodfoot
Music Addict

you really know your stuff, jazz funk was always in the air where i came from in scotland, there were some knowledgeable people, then i moved to torquay, it was another scottish lad who was living there as well, and he had a huge collection, him and a few of the locals and other scots who worked there as well used to go up to bristol, that seemed to be the mecca for the jazz funk music, they also had a name for there crew, it was the west coast jazz freezers, this would be 1980 as well, happy days, i was discovering northen soul, as i was into the mod thing, still into it, thanks for the memory jog...

cal tjader, soul sauce, mid 60t's vibe dominated tune, very sexy mod dancer, latin jazz is another strand of the mod scene..

jimmy smith, who's afraid of virginia wolf, more hip mod jazz, from the man that made the template for the hammond jazz, originally the jazz purists frowend on this take of jazz saying it was blues, it took a few years for this amazing new sound to be accepted, and still not fully accepted more tolerated, but there was plenty of groovy people who did, thankfully..

les mccann, compared to what, great funky cover, gene mcdaniels protest song, this hits the spot for me , doesn't get any better, it's an apt title, this can't be compared, i can play this 4 or 5 times when in the mood, mesmerising...
goodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote