Music Banter - View Single Post - "A Festivus for the rest of us." (Song contest)
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Bump.... c'mon guys don't tell me I'm the only one
Hey, Conan, I like your rap piece! It described the materialism of the holiday season well.

I'm in, but I probably can't record my Festivus song until the weekend, especially since I want to put some final touches on the lyrics. This morning around 1 AM I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom, but you know how it is when you lie there, debating if you can hold off until morning and then your mind starts to wander and you get thinking about things? Well, the first line of a Festivus song popped into my head, so then I *did* get up and go to the bathroom, where I scrawled most of the rest of the song on a piece of paper while sitting on the can. I thought that was a perfect place for writing a Festivus song. Of course, I write most of my lyrics while in the bathroom, so this morning's experience was pretty standard for me. Odd, but true.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote