Music Banter - View Single Post - What ever happened to Music Eras
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #51 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
They're discovering and downloading them for themselves from the comforts of their own room, as opposed to going out and participating in the ritual of buying and sharing music with people face to face. That's how movements would start, with the gathering of like-minded people, and im not sure if this is taking place anymore to such an extent.
But that's where I think you're wrong. I think the we've simply moved from buying and sharing music face to face to the realm of the internet. I mean, look at what we do here at MB... share music, discuss music, discuss trends... etc. The gathering of like minded people has never been easier now that a punk from china can talk to a punk from Rhode Island.

I think musical movements have simply found their niche in the online world instead of the physical one.

This is what I'd like to see come of this decade, which to me seems more revolutionary than any of the previous...

Most people discover music online, which I think it'll eventually lead to a more eclectic society of music fans not nessicarily associated with any one particular movement... instead, they'll leave movement and genre breeding to the musicians and they'll become exactly that - musical styles, rather than any particular fashion or attitude along with them.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote