Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst 3 Rappers of All Time?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #155 (permalink)
Kirby
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
lol how can you say he hasn't lost his lyrical ability? you understand when i refer to lyrical ability im not referring to what he's talking about, right? Eminem has always had a horrorcore feel to him (it's more acid rap technically...but whatever). That's not why i'm saying he's on 50cents level. I'm saying that because their lyrical ability is on the same level. I can't think of a single new eminem track that is good lyrically. Yes it might be funny, entertaining, have good flow ect but none of it is good lyrically. Are you SURE you know what i mean by lyrical ability? You have to be confused.

like i already said...lyrical ability "internal rhymes, offbeat rhymes, multiple syllable rhyming, alliteration, assonance rhyming, metaphors, wordplay, personification, hyperbole, similies, double entendres" - ring any bells?

forget WHAT he's rapping about. Forget the topic and what he's saying. I'm talking about HOW he's saying it.

Note: i don't think he's "lost" it as such. It's not a set of car keys. Unless he's received heavy brain damage then he still knows how to do it. It's probably due to writers block or choosen not to use it because it's easier and he only cares about the money now.

This is an example that I always use when people say that Eminem has lost his lyrical ability.