Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #70 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yon Troper View Post
Oh, and you know how every half-assed hipster has some band that he listens to "ironically"? I'm like that with 70's and 80's arena rock bands like Boston, Bon Jovi and REO Speedwagon. Yes, they're cheesier than a Pizza Hut joint (because that totally wasn't cheesy enough), but there's something about them that I enjoy.
It's ok...I like em too. But don't tell anyone.

Mostly, the genres that I've always been into as a youngun and continue to love as an adult are firstly blues, and secondly soul. This is the music I could listen to anytime, any place and not have to be in a certain "mood" to enjoy. Others that I could put in this category are folk and singer/songwriter, though thats happened only in the last couple years.

Other music that I enjoy, but have to listen to at the right time is metal (please don't make me get into sub-genres here), rap, hip hop, and country.

I do like pop music, but it has to really catch my attention somehow. Not with crazy GaGa flashiness (sorry fans) but with actual musical talent. (I'm sure she's a talented musician, but I just don't feel like she's relying on that talent to get anywhere, but rather gawdy outfits and showmanship). I do have a soft spot for dance music, even though I can't dance well at all.

Some genres I just can't seem to get into are post-rock, most indie, and screamo.

I have developed a new found love of trip-hop though. It's slowly creeping it's way into my "music I could listen to anytime, anyplace".