Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Shit...I don't really know, and that's sad. The biggest thing I hope to change by then is that I'd finally like to be a homeowner! Job-wise and location-wise, I really don't have a clue. Unless the company I've been with for the past 3 years gets any bigger and provides me with opportunity for advancement (can't go much higher as-is), I'd like to be working elsewhere with more responsibility and more money. Where in the world though? I don't know. I'm happy here for now, though cost of living is high and it's not helping me save money.

As for relationships and kids...ugh. My current 5-year relationship isn't going so well and may very well come to an end over the holidays. I've been thinking about it a lot from many different points of view, including love, finance, and logistics. I just don't know, there are pros and cons from almost every angle. And I'm not ready to have kids now (or maybe just with her), but I'm also getting older and no longer young and energetic, that's for sure. Past my prime, I guess. But yeah I just don't know if I even want any. And if this relationship ends, I'll definitely want to stay single for a while, and since I'm lazy and procrastinate I could very well still be single in 5 years. But would I really mind? I don't know. As long as I have a social life to supplement it, I could be ok. As long as that social life includes an occasional date.

So where will I be in 5 years? Probably still depressed. But maybe I should do something about that before it's too late.