Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #2675 (permalink)
Phantom Limb
Chocolate Homunculus

Slint- Spiderland
Pretty hard to explain, but its essentially slightly atmospheric math rock that freaks out some times. The singer really only sings like twice on the whole album and talks the rest of the time.
BEST SONGS: Good Morning Captain, Breadcrumb Trail, Washer

Signal to Trust- Golden Armour
Alternative, but with some definite math influences. The singer of this band also talk sings, but its leaning toward the singing side. The majority of their songs are about superheroes. Its pretty sick.
BEST SONGS: Horse Thief, Golden, Now The Mouse is Freezing, The Herald

GZA- Liquid Swords
Some fat beats from the brains behind the Wu-Tang clan. Enough said. Its good. The intros are dumb though.
BEST SONGS: Shadowboxin', Duel of the Iron Mic, Liquid Swords

El-P- I'll Sleep When You're Dead
A crazy white guy who raps and owns the Def Jux label. His beats are super deep and the album almost feels like a rock album, but it clearly isnt. The first time I heard it, I didnt like it, but it grows on you.
BEST SONGS: Drive, Up All Night, Run the Numbers

Boris- Pink
Fuzzed out japanese rock, which is sometimes gently fuzzy, or super aggressive fuzzy.
BEST SONGS: Farewell, Pink, My Machine, Just Abandoned Myself

Hella- Hold Your Horse Is
Instrumental math rock consisting of only a guitarist and drummer ( though they later got a singer and bassist). They are really technically proficient, and I enjoy listening to them (Im digging it) but a lot of my friends don't. I don't think it is possible for everyone to appreciate this band. PS if you like ridiculously good drummers, this is the band for you.
BEST SONGS: Biblical Violence, Cafeteria Bananas, 1-800-GHOST-DANCE
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote