Music Banter - View Single Post - Air - Despite being French they are all that.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullah424 View Post
What do you guys think of Love 2? I finally listened to it today and I think it's a pretty good album, has a real relaxing feel to it.
i'd call Love2 the best thing they've put out since Moon Safari, take that however you will.

personally i found the last 2 albums boring to the point of not even giving half a crap if they put anything else out. now i'm hoping i can find a way to see them on this tour (which will likely involve crossing at least a third of Canada)

it's hardly a revolutionary album, in fact none of it sounds really original, but it most definitely sounds new. like a Pink Floyd album for lovers instead of loners, and to me that's the greatest thing about Air. rather than shy away from their influences they get as close as possible without mimicking them or compromising themselves.

overall it's a return to the lush soundscapes of their earlier releases. the instrumentals are fantastic and are almost as frequent as the vocal pieces. for people who've been on the fence about the group this is about as awesome as it's going to get as a sampler of what they're all about. the romance, the psychedelia, the experimental pop, the synth jams, it's all there and this time around it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote