Music Banter - View Single Post - The Fake Argument Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #358 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
That is highly unlikely since Brussels banned mushy legumes in his country!
Are you saying that Belgium banned mushy legumes, Neapolitan? This is odd, because according to my sources the only country in which any group attempted to ban mushy legumes (refried beans, for example) was *Mexico*, due to the efforts of the meat lobby there, which hoped to unseat the mighty legume from its position as the chief inexpensive and healthful dietary protein source.

Belgium, on the other hand, *did* have some problems last year when the Brussels Sprout lobby tried to mandate that school lunches provide Brussels sprouts 4 times per week. They were hoping to unseat green *string* beans (but not legumes) as the number one vegetable in the country.

Are you sure your source wasn't referring to mushy *string* beans rather than legumes? You are usually so on-the-mark with your information that I was surprised to see what appears to be an error on your part here.

--VEG
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote