Music Banter - View Single Post - Change my mind about...
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Kirby
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
Kirby, I'm with you on Sage. Plus, doesn't he not drink? I don't trust anyone who hasn't formerly been an alcoholic and can't enjoy alcohol...

As for Aesop, I think what I've figured out the two things that bother me: first is I don't like Aesop's production all that much, and also that little "accent" or whatever you want to call it. I've come to respect his flow, and the depth of his lyrics is amazing. Incredible writer. I just am not sure he'll ever click for me. I will give you props though- I've heard 'No Jumper Cables' and that's a decent song, but I hadn't heard 'Five Fingers' and that track was sick. Maybe there's hope after all...

You were right about 'Save Yourself', Satch, when he picked it up to that next level that blew me away. 'No Regrets' is a classic I remember my friend had the album in high school and we'd roll around in his jeep playing that track.

Which album, as a whole, do you guys think is the best (and would recommend picking up)? I bought 'Bazooka Tooth' and chalk that up as a wasted investment now...
I really recommend Float. I still plan on buying Bazooka Tooth, but it is one of his less-then-stellar albums.