Music Banter - View Single Post - The Fake Argument Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #360 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I got it from quite a reliable source that European Commission in a heavy handed Draconian measure outlawed Britain's traditional mushy peas. One of the Directive's general principles is that fresh and processed vegetables may not be coloured, and military khaki green is a forbidden hue for edible food. So when you said your friend would be eating mushy beans (and I assume you meant peas too) I thought you ought to know that was a highly unlikely situation.
Oh, yes, you are quite right that I meant mushy beans to include *any* of the legumes (including peas). However, since green beans (though they are legumes) are often considered a vegetable crop rather than a "bean bean," and since green beans are quite mushy when overcooked (whereas dry legumes, when cooked, are usually only severely mushy is intentionally converted into a paste), I had thought perhaps your source was referring to *green* beans. Peas *can* be very mushy, though...so I could understand someone wanting to ban overcooked peas.

Still, I cannot believe anyone would ban mushy peas, no matter how Draconian that entity's tendencies. What would little teething European babies eat if not mushy peas? And what would the various countries' militaries serve on "Match Your Flack Jacket" food days? I am suspicious of your source. In fact...and I am going to use strong terminology here, so prepare yourself...I think your source is WRONG.

There, I said it. I know it was harsh, but reality is too important to ignore, even when it leads to a full-blown argument such as the one we are having.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote