Music Banter - View Single Post - Change my mind about...
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Captain Awesome
On A Rampage

to the person who mentioned sage francis. Here is some tracks of his that i enjoy. I have to admit sage isn't for everyone. He's definitley one of those rappers you are either going to hate or love. Personally i don't find him to be amazing but he does have a few songs that i like. I enjoy listening to his music for its poetic value more than anything else. His songs seem to be very cryptic, working out what message he's trying to convey is half the battle lol.

to the person who mentioned tupac. He is definitley overrated and is very far from being one of our greatest lyricists. But personally i like him for his rhythm/flow and his topics (at least for the deep stuff). For me, it's incredibly important that rap tracks carry some sort of message or story (either that or they have to be full of awesome punchlines, wordplay, metas ect). Here's some of the stuff by him i enjoy, like i said his deep stuff or his poltical stuff tends to be his best...

as far as lyricism goes, this is probably one of his best tracks lyrically (still nothing spectacular) i have to admit i like the use of alliteration in this track...

personally i will always love tupac, at the time he was groundbreaking and even now i still regard him as one of my favourites. He's the only rapper i truely love who doesn't have much skill with lyricism.

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."

"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote