Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #72 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

when i was younger, i never really followed the tastes of some of my peers living in Northeast Philadelphia, who were mostly into chart pop R&B, rap, etc. i vaguely remember having a penchant for classical music in grade school, but due to very few resources to explore with(didn't have internet back then), that dried up fairly quickly and i was left without much of a taste to speak of. years later, when i started high school, two bands saved me from the shackles of a life without music, Clutch and System of a Down. after hearing a few songs i took the christmas money that my parents gave me and set out to buy several of their cds, as well as the Red Hot CHili Peppers' BloodSugarSexMagik disc(don't remember how i first heard them), all of which i played incessantly until i memorized every song. from there i discovered Mastodon and at that point music became all i ever thought about.

these days i guess can say i'm an avid rock/metal fan mostly, really the genre i delved the most into. even so, i've been trying to check out different artists and genres, cause really there's so much music out there and it's a shame that some people don't really see that and don't explore as much as they could. during this journey, i've grown a huge appreciation for jazz, hip hop, soul, funk, as well as the avant garde and the experimental.

really for the most part i'd say i like variety in my music, not just in listening to different types of artists, but artists that can combine different types of things, be able to evolve and keep from repeating themselves.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 12-14-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote