Music Banter - View Single Post - Crime Baiting
Thread: Crime Baiting
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiomatic Wiki View Post
They create impossible situations that would rarely ever normally exist, and in the end, they criminalize someone who did something almost anyone, including these officers themselves most likely, if they found themselves in the same situation would have done, and people here get arrested for it all the time.
Situations occur all the time when people loose personal belongings on trains and buses and people who find the lost article give it to the buses driver or some other transit worker. My sister lost her wallet and a few weeks later a police officer traced down where she lived (because she moved) and returned the wallet. My friend who is a plumber was do some work for a widow and found almost $10,000 in cash in a bag hidden behind a radiator, and gave the money to her. She never knew her husband hid the money, he could of easily walk out with it, but he didn't - he said it was a matter of conscience. Even though the odds of finding something valuable is decreases as the value goes up it not such impossible occurrence, people are still honest and trun things in - regardless of value. See people turn lost items in all the time, so it's not impossible for that guy who found the wallet on the subway train to turn it in, it is just a matter of conscience. Who knows if commuters were complaining about having items stolen, and police baited him because they were trying to catch a pick-pocketer.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote