Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #10515 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide View Post
It isn't called "finals week" here though and the engineering faculty is the only faculty that has all exams crammed into one week. I have another one Monday as well. For everyone else their exams started on the 7th and spread out till the 22nd. So meh... I just probably should have studied during the term. Kinda hard learning the entire course the night before.
Well, I understand your position, but the way I see it is this: You spend an entire semester learning a particular thing in each class. By the end of the semester you should have at least gotten the general idea. Maybe even some details. But either way, like you said, you can't learn the entire course the night before. That's why the 'semester' was invented. It's a period of time in which you learn a specific thing.
If you work hard during the semester, you won't have to work as hard the night before a final.
And it's not just memorization... it's understanding. Learning effectively is gaining knowledge as a whole. Once gained, you don't have to worry about losing it.